This Sun-Dried Tomato, Arugula and Goat Cheese pasta dinner is a game changer for your busy weeknights. With just five ingredients, this healthy dish will be on the table in just 20 minutes. And you can serve it as a vegetarian meal or use the options to make it heartier for the meat eaters in your family.
Calories: 181 kcal
Chickapea Pasta Penne
sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
large handfuls of fresh baby arugula
Cook pasta al dente, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water before and drain.
Return pasta to pot and immediately add goat cheese; stirring gently until goat cheese is melted and coating penne. If it appears too thick, add reserved pasta water a couple of tablespoons at a time until it reaches desired consistency.
Add the sun-dried tomatoes, arugula, pine nuts and lemon zest. Toss to combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
So many variations can be made with this recipe! For example:
- For the meat lovers you can add chicken, chicken sausage, bacon, or pancetta.
- If the taste of sun-dried tomatoes is too strong for your little ones, use cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Likewise for the arugula, any green will do - spinach, escarole or watercress.
- If you want to change up the goat cheese you can mix a small amount of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar with lemon zest, and chopped parsley adding the goat cheese and mashing it well before tossing it with the hot pasta.
- Roasted red peppers and garlic would also be a nice addition.
- Top it with Parmigiano-Reggiano if you need more cheese.
- Pine nuts are expensive so use what you have on hand. Walnuts and almonds would be equally tasty.