Vegan Nourish Bowl with Pasta & Pesto
A Spring Nourish Bowl with Pasta and Pesto is a great way to include all that’s needed in your daily diet – a protein source, both raw and cooked veggies, healthy fats, leafy greens and crunchy toppings.
Best of all, no measuring required! Whether for one person or six, just accommodate the appetites!
Thank you to Robyn, our Chickapea Chef for this fresh, colorful bowl of spring!
Best Things about Nourish Bowls:
- You can use up all the leftover veggies and fruits in your fridge.
- You can channel your inner chef and let the colors and textures fly!
- Kids love colors and studies show they are more likely to eat a bowl full of the rainbow than boring old brown stuff on their plate.
I loved putting this bowl together and the pesto is vegan! It’s so easy to sub extra nuts and some nutritional yeast for the same delicious flavor. A couple days later I had some extra parsley and even made a parsley pesto – it was awesome!
I love carrots – roasted or raw – go with whatever your family prefers. The shaved aspagus is fun because you don’t have to cook it. Just use your vegetable peeler to make some pretty ribbons. The pear was nice for a little extra crunch and it’s unique sweet and citrus-like flavor.
Some options for this bowl:
- Use kale instead of lettuce
- Top with cranberries or raisins for a fun twist
- Walnuts or pecans could be a nice topping
Whatever you choose to do, it will be uniquely yours and your family and friends will applaud your creativity.
- 8 ouncs Chickapea Pasta. ( penne or spirals)
- Vegan pesto (see below)penne
- 8 baby carrots (raw or roasted. I’ve done both. With the roasted, I did them in maple syrup at 400F for 20 minutes)
- 1/4 lb asparagus, shaved into ribbons
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 2 cups Lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 1/2 cup Red Cabbage, chopped
- 1 Pear, sliced or cubed
- Sunflower seeds
- VEGAN PESTO
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil packed down (large stems removed)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, packed down
- 3 tbsp walnuts, pine nuts or cashews
- 3 large cloves garlic (peeled)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
- 3-4 Tbsp nutritional yeast.
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-6 Tbsp water (add more if needed)
Cook Chickapea Pasta according to directions, drain and rinse. Toss with small amount of pesto.
Wash and assemble remaining ingredients in bowl.
Add ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth. Add to individual bowls and serve.